Friday, July 25, 2008

Charity Begins at home

I received an email from the HCPSS website from a PPW who was working with a family in need. My wife and I were talking about how we could help and my sons 8 and 4 overheard. They also wanted to help. They collected toys, books and such to donate. They also keep a "charity box" where they place spare change and sometimes parts of their allowance. My oldest wanted to use the money to help. So with the help of my wife and the $16.00 in their box, they headed to the store. They managed to get one piece of clothing for each member of the five person family. I am so proud of them that I cried!

I think that I will share with them the 25 days website to see what others are doing.

1 comment:

BarbsBlog said...

D,
You have done a lot right to have two such great kids who are willing to share. Thanks for your uplifting post. God bless, B