Thursday, July 2, 2009

NECC Day Three

Day three of NECC, and indeed, the entire NECC conference is over. I learned so much the last few days that is somewhat overwhelming. For instance; Second Life for professional development? Someone needs to help me understand that concept as I just do not get it. Playing a game that I cannot access from school to network with other teachers. What is a professional Wiki or a dimdim or elluminate account for then? And those I DO have classroom access to. Just seems to me to be a bit of overkill.

However, the session on teachers domain was awesome! I had no idea that such a resource even existed. And best of all it is free! Check it out! All activities/lessons are sorted by grade and subject area! Did I mention that it is free?

1 comment:

Tom Saunders said...

I am so glad you went to NECC! I, too, think it is amazing to see all of the interesting things that are being created to make our jobs easier.

See you soon,
Tom